News / Events
COMING EVENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Master trainers training programme for extension workers.
- Organise Agroforestry training to Farmers under Agroforestry mission.
- Short term training programme on Introductory Forestry course for teachers.
- Summer/winter school 21 days training programme for scientist/professor/ extension
workers of forestry sector.
- National seminar on climate change & forestry also planning for IUFRO Conference
- Proposals for externally funded Adhoc Project by each faculty member
Participation in Seminars/workshops/conferences/ symposium/meetings/Trainings etc.
- Annual group meeting of AICRP on Agroforestry held at SKUAST, Shrinagar 25 to 27th
May 2015 by Dr. L.D. Koshta, PI and Associated Scientist
- Attended regional workshop on region V, Focusing on Central India and Desert Ecosystem
for the project “Review and revision of National Forest Policy, 23rd to 24th November
at IIFM, Bhopal by Dr. L.D. Koshta, Pr. Scientist
- Jain , K.K. (2015). Energy utilization and nutrients removal in paddy (Oryza sativa)-
weed ecosystem: A shaded perennial agrihorticulture practice of agroforestry. Paper
presented in the 25th Asian Pacific Weed Science Society Conference, organized by
Indian Society of Weed Science, Hyderabad during October 12-15, 2015.
- Jain, K.K., Manisha, Thakur and L.D.Koshta (2016). Character association and yield
prediction of turmeric under D. sissoo Roxb. Based agroforestry system. Paper presented
in the National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Research and Development in Medicinal
and Aromatic Plants. A Country Scenario. Organized by Forest Genetics, Plant Propagation
& Biotechnology Branch. State Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur during November
- Shri Yashpal Singh Attended five days training programme on ‘Climate Change Vulnerabilities
and Adaptation Strategies’ organized by division of Biodiversity and climate change
, ICFRE Dehradun from 8-12 February 2016.
- Shri Yashpal Singh 21 days ICAR sponsored summer school on “Livelihood and Climate
change Mitigation and Adaptation through Agroforestry”, being organized by the Central
Arid Zone Research Institute (CAZRI), Jodhpur, Rajasthan from 03-23 August, 2016.
- Subrata Sharma attended National symposium on “Physiological approaches to enhance
producvity in pulses under changing climate” organized by Department of Plant Physiology,
JNKVV, Jabalpur of M.P. state at forestry Governor of state at forestry on April
- Attended annual group meeting of AICRP on Agroforestry at Dr. Y.S. Parmar, University
of Horticulture & Forestry, Solan from June 17th to 19th 2016 by Dr. L.D. Koshta
and Shri Rahul Dongre.
- Mr. Rahul Dongre attended 90 days training for commission in NCC for the carder
of Lieutenant (PRCN) at Officers Training Academy, Kamptee, Nagpur (MH) from 11
July- 08 August 2016.
- Shri Yashpal Singh, Participated 21 days ICAR sponsored summer school on “Livelihood
and Climate change Mitigation and Adaptation through Agroforestry”, being organized
by the Central Arid Zone Research Institute (CAZRI), Jodhpur, Rajasthan from 03-23
- M.L. Sahu and Shri Rahul Dongre attended National Symposium on Agroforestry for
environmental challenges, sustainable landuse, biodiversity conservation and rural
livelihood options held at ICAR-CAFRI, Jhansi from 3rd -5th December 2016. Organized
by Indian Society of Agroforestry, Jhansi.
Organised Seminars/workshops/conferences/ symposium/meetings/Trainings etc.
- कृषि वानिकी पर मास्टर ट्रेनरर्स के लिए प्रषिक्षण कार्यक्रम वानिकी विभाग जवाहरलाल
नेहरू कृषि विष्वविद्यालय, जबलपुर 2 से 4 मई
- Two days training prgrammes was organized under Tribal Sub Plan Project on –
टी.एस.पी. के अंतर्गत किसानो को दो दिवसीय प्रषिक्षण के दौरान टैक्निकल बुलेटिन तैयार
की गयी। शीर्षकः कृषि वानिकी किसानों के लिए वरदान आयोजक अखिल भारतीय कृषि वानिकी समन्वित
परियोजना (टी.एस.पी.) वानिकी विभागए जवाहर लाल नेहरू कृषि महाविद्यालय जबलपुर ए मार्च
ABOUT STAFF INFORMATION (retirement/ promotion/ appointment etc)
- Dr. N.N. Pathak, University Professor and Head of the Department retired on 30th
- Dr. L.D. Koshta, promoted as Prof. & Head, Department of Forestry on 01.07.2016
- Dr. (Smt.) Subrata Sharma, selected as Assoc. Professor, COA, Waraseoni on 01.03.2017.
- Dr. L.D. Koshta, University Professor and Head of the Department retired on 31th
- Dr. S. D. Upadhyaya, promoted as Prof. & Head, Department of Forestry on 30.07.2017.