Sponsored Research Project:-
- All India Co-ordinate Research Project on Farm Implement & Machinery, (ICAR) (Started at April 1980 )
- I.E.R.D. (State plan) scheme (started April 1978)
- Management of Improved Machinery for crop production (Revaluing fund scheme on manufacturing of Farm Implement and Machinery)
- Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana scheme – Development of Farm Equipment and Machinery Testing, Training, and demonstration. (started at June - 2012)
- Development of new drainage tillage and sowing method combination for stabilizing soybean yield (Cultivation and Machinery). Technical cooperation by Japan International Agency _ JICA and M.P. Govt. Bhopal) (started April - 2012)
Department is well equipped with following laboratories:-
- Engineering workshop.
- Farm Machinery testing laboratory.
- Farm Power laboratories.
- Soil Dynamics and tillage traction laboratory.
- Ergonomic laboratory.
- To develop a train human resource for different activities related with agricultural Engineering.
A. Design and development of farm machines:-
- Jawahar rotavator cum seed drill
- Jawahar tractor drawn puddler
- Jawahar tractor drawn till plant machine
- Jawahar self propelled garlic planter
- Jawahar weeder
- Jawahar manual transplanter
B. Transfer of farm machinery technologies:-
- T.D. inclined plate planter
- T.D. Zero till drill
- Laser leveler
- T.D. aero blast sprayer
- T.D. roto till drill
- Self propelled power weeder and tractor dram
- Self propelled vertical conveyer refe
- Multi crop thresher
- Design and Development of Farm Equipments
- Precision agriculture, Machine Vision, Robotics, Mechatronics
- Design and Development of Women Friendly Farm Machinery
- Farm Power
- Resource conservation and residue management
- Bio fuels generation and testing
- Horticultural machinery
RESEARCH SCHEMES IN THE DEPARTMENT
Nature of project
Duration of Project
|| AICRP on Farm Implement and Machinery, ICAR as a Principal Investigator
|| 1980 - Cont.
|| Revolving Fund Scheme for Manufacturing of Improved Implements for ICAR as a Principal Investigator
|| 2002 – 2020 cont .
|| Front Line Demonstration of Improved Implements as a Principal Investigator
|| 1999 - till date
|| Development of Farm Machinery Testing, Training and demonstration centre at JNKKV, Jabalpur, Govt. of India RKVY Project, as a Principal Investigator.
|| 2012 to Till date
|| Direct Seeded Rice Consortium (DSRC), Joint project of JNKVV, Jabalpur and IRRI, Philippines as a PI
|| 13-10-2020 -cont
|| MPARI (State Plan)
|| 1964- till date
|| IERP (State Plan)
|| State Plan
|| 1978 - till date
|| Study on Term Mechanization Strategy for Each Climatic Region of MP. And Chhattisgarh, as a CO-Principal Investigator
|| Evaluation of Draft Ability and Related Hysic Biochemical Changes in Malvi and Nimari bullocks of M.P. as a Co-PI.
|| NAIP-III Associate Scientist
|| MP –JICA Project for Maximization of Soybean Production in Madhya Pradesh, INDIA (Joint project of MP GOVT and Japan Govt.(JICA), Co PI)
|| AICRP on Energy Requirement for Agriculture (ERAS) , ICAR, New Delhi
|| Implement/ Machinery for research Farm, ICAR, New Delhi
|| N.A.T.P. on M.E.P. , ICAR, New Delhi
|| Testing of Machinery for Residual Management, ICAR, New Delhi
|| I.P.S.A.I.M. (ICAR)
|| 1973 -1979
GLIMPSES OF RESEARCH WORK
Self Propelled Onion Harvester
(Best cost award (2019), Best Economical Vehicle (2020), Best Design award (2021) by SAE, India)